Lesson 4 Chapter 1 Module 1
Picking Your Station
You want to be very strategic on where you set up your guard position. Here are 5 things you should look for when picking your location.
- Lighting - stay in the shadows as much as possible. If the sun is up, pick a place in the shade.
- Freedom to Maneuver - be sure you have a way to retreat if necessary.
- Cover/Concealment - this offers you more protection should you end up in an altercation.
- Clear Line of Sight - you want to be able to see your objective without having to move around a lot.
- Range- be sure that you are within the maximum effective range of whatever weapon system you're using. If you have to get into a fight, be sure you can hit your target.
Picking Your Times
Get to know your threat. Based on what you are most concerned about, you can figure out when that threat is most likely to happen. Here are 3 times during the day that you are the most vulnerable:
- 1800 (6pm) -Midnight- A lot of home invasions happen during that time.
- 0200-0300- This is prime strike time. Guards are usually fighting the sleep monster. and the darkness covers your movement.
- Mid-day- A lot of B&E's happen during the day when they figure you're at work. For some reason right around lunch time is a popular time.
When you are out "patrolling" your neighborhood you can take the time to socialize with those around you. Make friends, reach out and don't be afraid to step outside of your comfort zone. You may be surprised what new connections you make.
Fill out the form below or give us a call!